TS4A Tractor Air Brake Lock
Every year, hundreds of tractors are stolen when drivers momentarily leave to go to the bathroom, have a bite to eat, or get a quick cup of coffee.
Millions of dollars in cargo and equipment are lost to companies in about 90 seconds when their equipment is left unattended! The investment you make in purchasing high-value tractor/trailer equipment should absolutely be protected. Insurance is never the answer. The only viable locking systems are resident to the rig and do not need driver assisted assembly or training to use. The TS4A is a prime example of simplicity, seamless operation and high security.
In order to insure that tractors will not be stolen while left unattended, CGM Security Solutions Inc. has developed and patented the TS4A Tractor Air Brake Lock. When engaged, this security locking device blocks the air line from the tractor to the air brakes, securing both the tractor, and if hooked together, to the trailer. The TS-4A Tractor Air Brake Lock is compatible with any air brake valve systems PP1 valve, whether it is Bendix, Haldex or Midland. It can be configured for any set-up and installation on any dashboard and it is easily installed by your own fleet maintenance staff in 20 minutes. An assembly guide is posted on this web site.
The TS-4A Tractor Air Brake Lock will not only last for the life cycle of the rig to which it is installed, since it has no moving parts, it never wears out and it will last year, after year, and truck after truck. When you trade vehicles, simply remove the TS-4A from the retired rig and install it in the new equipment. There is only a nominal fee for any newly configured mounting plate if needed.
By installing the TS-4A you are assured that the driver will use it because it is now part of the valve assembly for the tractor brake. This is not a flimsy plastic cuff or a cover, rather it is now permanent part of the dash. Very often these inexpensive devices end up on the floor of the vehicle or under the seat and never actually get used. Why take a chance with the investment you have made in equipment, your brand or your clients products? The results of a stolen rig can be devastating and quite costly.
Just call Erik Hoffer at 1 941 575 0243 and he will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have regarding this technology or most other vehicle sealing or security products.
November 18, 1997
Control valve lock for a vehicle air brake system
A control valve lock for a vehicle air brake system is described whereby to secure the parking brakes of the vehicle in an engaged locked position. The lock is securable to the valve actuating rod on the dashboard control valve and is comprised essentially of a block-like base member to which is secured a large actuating knob. A lock cylinder extends through a portion of the knob and the base member and aligns internal locking cavities between the connecting shaft of the knob and the base member whereby the locking dog of the lock cylinder can engage in the cavities to secure the knob in a retracted position whereby to lock the brakes of the vehicle. In order to unlock the brakes, it is necessary to insert a key in the key cylinder to liberate the knob to permit it to be pushed inwardly whereby the dashboard control valve can supply air to the parking brake cylinder to release the brakes.
Why Buy This Product?
1. Drivers will use it because it is seamless to the operation of the brakes.
2. Drivers need not assemble it each time and therefore will not loose the parts.
3. Unlike extraneous brake lock devices that rarely get used, this product is used automatically because it is integral to the operation of the vehicle.
4. The loss of a truck or a load or both can run into the millions. An investments of about $200 to proactively defend against a loss makes economic sense.
5.Insurance can only cover your loss above a base threshold, where protecting against a loss will quickly pay for itself.
6. The TS4A can be used on every vehicle in your fleet with air brakes. When trucks are traded simple remove and reinstall the device.
7. The loss of use of equipment due to theft can be devastating to small trucking businesses and small fleets.
8. If you protect your home from theft with an alarm system and door locks, why not protect your vehicle with something of equal benefit like the TS4A.
9. This is the best and most effective defense against truck theft ever created, it is non-electronic and never wears out.
10. Delivery trucks that can be kept running, although at rest for deliveries, exhibit far lower maintenance costs than ones needing constant re-starting.
11. It is a lot easier to sleep at night knowing your fleet is secure than trying to recover a stolen tractor and load or interacting with law enforcement or facing your client after a theft.